Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Froh Weihnachten :D ( Merry Christmas )

My first ever Christmas! Totally the best and memorable one ^^

I was sitting in my room gift wrapping things for my family. In India you can pay people and get things gift wrapped. And thats a disadvantage. And now I hate Devyani (my best friend) who used to always wrap gifts for me because I never learned the exact way. But well. Now I do now it. It very simple. Thats now my point. So,what was I talking about? It was 24th December and I was so proud of myself for wrapping gifts for all my family. I love giving gifts. They make people and me happy. I was so excited as I was going to get gifts. And who doesn't like gifts?:D.

In the USA they open gifts at 25th morning. But in Germany you open them on the 24th Night. One time when Germans are impatient ;). 24th night is called Heiligabend. Germans normally eat together and then open the gifts. You have a special tasty dinner made. The gifts are under the christmas tree. And each house has little statues of Marry( Jesus 's mother) and the same scene which took place before Jesus was born. We ate really tasty dinner,and then was the gift opening time :D. The WHOLE tree had gifts under it. It was full. No room for any more gifts. We were total eight people: My family which consists of five people ( Host parents, two sisters and one brother) and me being sixth one. Heidi (Erek 's mother) ,Oma (Elke 's mother). Both the grandmother were all energetic and smiling! We all took a bunch of pictures with the Christmas tree. Then we played a game to open the gifts. Which took us two whole hours to open all the gifts :D. I got some really awesome awesome gifts! I got two painting boards( I love it because they already know me and my hobbies), pocket warmer ( these two little hearts with liquid,and once I press a button they become hot! Something I do need), a pair of house warm house (I had my indian house shoes with me,but they weren't all covered. I really like my new house shoes. They are red,and warm. Oh I'm wearing them now by the way :) ), this angel with a candle, one cd with Christmas German songs, one small book about a Christmas story, Life of Pii (This book was desperately wanted by me!) . And then my I was given two gifts. I was told to open the big one first. So I did. It had a paint board, a painting stand , paints , bushes , Palette. I was jumping with happiness. And then I was told to open the second gift. I did. And it had a card which said : All this is for a painting course. Every Tuesday till you stay with us! And I was hugging my host parents next minute!:D . Thats something really good for my future.
Then my host mom and the two grandmothers decided that everyone should go to the Church. I was pretty excited,because Church on Christmas night sounded interesting. But my other family members seemed like having a little fake smile on their faces ;). Thats exactly the reaction we get from my dad in India when my mom or grandmom tell him to come to the temples with them ;). Once I imagined a Church on Christmas,I imagined people singing and music and things. (Maybe I watch too many American movies). But it was NOT like that. I entered and it was silent. And really silent. Very silent! Only the Father was talking. And in the middle some people sang but I couldn't see them. The interior of the Church was pretty cool though,with all carving and things. Ofcourse thats what I was doing most of the times :). I didn't know how to prey in the Church. But I learned. I read and sang songs. Both the grandmoms were happy because the whole family was together in the Church. After sitting for one and a half hours we went home :). I wactched a movie with my sisters and thats how the 24th ended and 25th started :)


I didn't mention. After opening the gifts everyone in my family went in front of the computer and started talking to their daughter in America (Hanna). The cutest part was my host dad started playing the guitar and the whole family was singing for her. They both had their web cameras on. I started taking a video of the whole family singing,but in about 2 mins come of them were in tears. And I kind of didn't know how to react. So I just decided to give them some family time. I came near the Christmas tree,and just then everyone called me. Hanna wished me Merry Christmas too. And just then the whole family again broke into laughter. I did feel out of place for about some minutes,but the family trying so hard not to make me feel so got me back :). But it was a lovely day celebrating Christmas,getting gifts,seeing the family love and getting deeper into the family !

No comments:

Post a Comment