Thursday, December 17, 2009

Family Gaudian

I entered my going to be house with my first host mother. It was like 7.00 and we were all going to celebrate 'Thanks giving'. I was looking forward to some great American food. And thats when it struck me that I'm not going to go back with my first host mom. Instead, David(the US exchangie) was going to,and I was going to stay there itself as Thanksgiving was with my second host family. I entered the house I got two hugs from my new host dad and host mom and both of them were smiling and said,'Hello my new daughter'. And thats when I kind of already knew I'm going to get along really well with my new family.

Its been six days since I'm living here now,and it already seems like home. I live with the family Gaudian now. And its been great so far. My family consists of : Erek(who is my host dad) , Elke(host mom), Lucas (Host Brother:20-21(I'm not sure) ) , Line ( Elder host sister :18) , Rike ( host sister: 16) and she has a twin sister called Hanna who is now in the States for exchange. And my six days of observation says : Erek- likes to think a lot. Thats why he usually has a different opinion about many things . He is like open minded which makes it easier to talk about anything. And usually(I did rightly say usually :P ) has a great sense of humour. But never the less he is always fun to be around. And for some reason,when I told him about the concept of arrange marriages he wants me to get married,and is looking for someone for me now . I wish him all the luck for that ;). My parents in India are going to be pretty happy knowing I'll have a husband who earns in Euros ;) . Okay. I stop joking now. Elke : She is this super adorable loving pretty personality. Its so hard to not love her. She is always happy and sometimes unknowingly dances around. Line : She likes talking. And she talks fast. But she asks really interesting questions about many things. Totally interesting person to know . I'm waiting for more . Rike : She is the little quite one . And she is also the family 's little one. It makes me so happy that Line is 18, I'm 17 and Rike is 16. Makes me feel like I had to come and fill in the gap ;). But she is also pretty skinny and so I have company not being the thin one. And both of us want to put on weight :D. We will Rike,I'm sure! Lucas : I haven't really been around him too often,so I don't really know much yet. So I'll update with that later. Oh! And I almost forgot. Elka 's mother also stays closeby so she is around sometimes. And every single time I met her,she was full on energy and smiling!
The house kinda of reminds me of my house in India. The house isn't filled like most of the German houses. Its more like an art house. Its red from outside,with a little garden. And we have a living room,and a dinning place , kitchen , and five rooms. I have my open room which I totally love. It has these pretty big blue star lights. And one of the four walls is nearly completely glass which gives me a lovely view of the garden and little village outside. The house is decorated with Elke 's paintings,and little plants. And is pretty colourful. Its been six days and I already have my favourite corner. Erek made his oven . Not the electric one,but like a little fireplace. And because its a fireplace the walls around it are always warm. And they is this bark on which we can sit. Its lovely. Specially in Winter.



My this post would surely tell you I'm happy here. I have gone though some other changes like getting up early , going by bus to school which takes around 20 mins, Elke calling me Signe but me still responding ;D (thats because Signe was the one they hosted before me) and other little ones which I can't mention. And I learned I'm not really a big fan of getting up early :D.

Changing familes at some point sounded good,but the fact that all of us are going to be replaced my someone sucks. Like we are three exchange students in my club:David, me ,Signe. And we have three families. And we are going to rotate families. That means each one of us are going to go to each family. But if I see the postive side of this its wonderful that I already know my sure families because someone tells the other how the family is and things. So its not that bad once we already have a back round..


I'm HAPPY:D

1 comment:

  1. i really really like this one. especially the way you've described your host family. adding that to the stuff you've already told me, it makes me feel like i've already met them!
    and i could visualize your house. i also like the being replaced part. hmm, never thought of it that way.

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete