Saturday, January 2, 2010

26th December

The last Christmas day in Germany!

We again went to Grandmom 's house for breakfast everyone together. We had breakfast,talked with each other. Then me and Rike saw a dvd which Hanna had sent from US about her threatre play. After it was done both of us came home. I entered the door and my host parents told me my first host mom called. I was so happy. I ofcourse knew they wouldn't forget me but them calling up was still somehow not expected. I called back. My first host dad answered. He asked if I would like to come and celebrate Christmas with them. I was half jumping and said yess :)

My host parents dropped me to my first family 's house. I entered and everything was same,but it still seemed so new. They greeted me. They were all having lunch then. It was all the same. The same how it used to be. Only difference was my host sister(Thekla) was sitting on the place I used to normally sit and I was sitting on hers. I told them about my first actual Christmas. I told them about the Church. About everything. Then after eating my host sibling showed me what they got for Christmas. Their Christmas was huge. It was well decorated. With many small small wooden things. And under the tree was a gift. A gift addressed to me. I didn't expect myself to get a gift. And during such times when you get one its awesome feeling! I first opened what my host sibling gave. I was happy! Then I went to open the second gift. And that was something special something so very special! I was a scrapbook with pictures from my first three months in Germany. It considered of pictures from : First day, Weekend with Exchange students, Family vacations , Birthday, School Friends and the last page had pictures of German houses,my favourite German food. I hugged my host dad and he told me that my host mom was the one who made it. Really. If I could cry as much as many people in my age cry I would have cried then. It was the best thing ever!

Shoes, clothes and such things can't be with me all the time. But gifts like : Learning too paint,and a picture book and both things which will last with me for a really long. I'm lucky I have the best people around me.


Thank you everyone who made my first Christmas so very special :).

No comments:

Post a Comment